What makes it unique?
The technology concept, originally developed by
- Two patented concepts that enable more power to be harnessed from the flow.
- Compact design for a quick, simple deployment.
- Option to easily relocate the device as it is not permanently fixed.
- Optimised safety features for the ecosystem and operators.
Easy-accessplatform, allowing year-round O&M procedures.
- Quick and very cost-effective blade replacement and repair.
- Ability to raise turbines from the access platform without removing the device.
- Remote monitoring for live performance and power generation data.
- Suitable for standard articulated trucks
- Components can be broken out for smaller trucks
- Largest component: footprint of 6 x 2.5 metres
- Heaviest component: 1.8 tons (25kW), 2.8 tons (60kW)
- 45 foot flat trailer most efficient for long journeys
- Can be configured to fit on ferries
- Standard quay or fishing port ideal but not essential
- Crane loads: 9 ton (25kW), 14 ton (60kW)
- Tugboat required with suitable bollard pull
- 1 day operation to connect to pre-prepared mooring
- Minimum depth: 2 metres (25kW), 2.6 metres (60kW)
- We can conduct a suitability assessment for you
- Pre-installation work covered by DesignPro
- Selection of a local marine ops company
- Electrical & mechanical commissioning covered
- Provision of data and mooring connection plan
- Close proximity to demand/use necessary
- Crane on site; device to be towed to deployment berth