What makes it unique?
The technology concept, consists of two-vertical axis turbines positioned on either side of a flow accelerating structure, called the ‘bluff body’. The shape of the bluff body coupled with the patented ‘Blade Pitch Control System’ accelerates the flow of water into the turbines resulting in higher power outputs. The device offers many benefits including:
- Two patented concepts that enable more power to be harnessed from the flow.
- Compact design for a quick, simple deployment.
- Option to easily relocate the device as it is not permanently fixed.
- Optimised safety features for the ecosystem and operators.
Easy-accessplatform, allowing year-round O&M procedures.
- Quick and very cost-effective blade replacement and repair.
- Ability to raise turbines from the access platform without removing the device.
- Remote monitoring for live performance and power generation data.
- Suitable for standard articulated trucks
- Components can be broken out for smaller trucks
- Largest component: footprint of 6 x 2.5 metres
- Heaviest component: 1.8 tons (25kW), 2.8 tons (60kW)
- 45 foot flat trailer most efficient for long journeys
- Can be configured to fit on ferries
- Standard quay or fishing port ideal but not essential
- Crane loads: 9 ton (25kW), 14 ton (60kW)
- Tugboat required with suitable bollard pull
- 1 day operation to connect to pre-prepared mooring
- Minimum depth: 2 metres (25kW), 2.6 metres (60kW)
- We can conduct a suitability assessment for you
- Pre-installation work covered by DesignPro
- Selection of a local marine ops company
- Electrical & mechanical commissioning covered
- Provision of data and mooring connection plan
- Close proximity to demand/use necessary
- Crane on site; device to be towed to deployment berth